Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Lilith's Brood

This was a really neat book that's split into three parts. I was only able to read the first part in which the main character, Lilith, awakens aboard an alien spaceship. I thought this story centered around human sociology, and I found the character's reactions to awakening in an alien spacecraft very true and real to what an actual person might do and feel in a similar situation. I hadn't thought that Lilith's job of awakening forty other human survivors, and aclimating them to the ship would be such an ordeal, in fact I had thought it would be a nice opportunity for her to interact with humans again. I of course found out through my reading that this was not the case; many of the newly awakened humans refused to believe the fantastical truth that they are the survivor's of Earth's apocalypse and aboard an alien craft. A large part of human interaction and human sociology has to do with sex, and the author did not forget to leave that out of this story. The alien 3 way sex was pretty strange, but made perfect sense as the way an alien race would reproduce.

No comments:

Post a Comment